Bobby TrotterTransportation DirectorShepherd School District
It seems like yesterday that we were starting school for the 22-23 school year and now we are about to end it and begin the summer break! This summer we will be working on a few changes to streamline the routes a little better and make them as efficient as possible. We are still down a route and have a couple of drivers' positions open at this time. We are going to plan on 8 routes next year with the option of bringing back the 9th route if we get additional drivers hired. This will drive a few changes in both route structures and how we do things.
More to come, so please check back this summer for updates!
If you or anyone you know is interested in a driving position, please contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
or 406-373-5331. We offer a minimum of 4 hrs/ day with more available. The salary range is $17.56-$ 20.87 per hour for route drivers. No CDL? We can help and offer paid training.
Thank you and I hope you all have a great summer!
Shepherd School District
Transportation # 406-373-5331
Parents of Kindergartners and new students:
The Spring Round Up was held in April . Registration in August will also be very busy!
Please get your child registered and transportion request in as early as possible.
The process of adding students/building routes and assigning riders is tedious and, as usual, we will be pressed for time to get it all done by the start of the school year.
Thank you and I hope you all have a great Summer!
If you have ANY questions, please feel free to call me @ 406-373-5331. Thank You!
Transportation by school bus is not mandatory. This service is provided for those who wish to ride under the terms set up.
The following information for parents and students states the regulations governing riding. Non-compliance may be met by refusal to transport. It is expected that all concerned will read this bulletin, and in case there are questions, ask for an explanation in order that there be no misunderstanding.
Information regarding school bus service may be obtained by calling:
Shepherd Schools Transportation Office
373-5300 High School 373-5331 Transportation Supervisor
373-5873 Jr. High School
373-5516 Elementary School
The transportation program is set up to provide bus service.
The Trustees of School District #37 shall review all bus routes yearly. Changes will be made in accordance with State of Montana rules and regulations. The most economical and feasible routes with maximum service to the residents of School District #37 will be the policy. Request for changes in bus routes must be made by May 15th of each year.
1. The school transportation program is not a taxi service for students, parents, or unauthorized persons. Buses will not operate over roads that are not properly maintained, or on private lanes leading to and from the residence to the highway, or on roads where adequate turn-around's are not provided.
District policy is that all buses will have turn-around's instead of having to back up
2. Parents/Students will be issued a copy of the Transportation Parent/Student handbook at the beginning of each school year or when registering. It is expected that each parent review the bus/transportation rules with their children to insure they understand the rules and also the consequences of violating the transportation policies. Violations will be addressed on a case by case basis and will be subject to progressive discipline, up to and including refusal to transport.
3. Buses, which are school owned, will meet the Montana State Highway Patrol inspections. Drivers will be certified according to regulations of the State of Montana and the Office of Public Instruction.
4. The School District reserves the right to discontinue this service when the bus available is loaded to less than 50% of capacity.
5. All buses are outfitted with digital recording devices on both the interior and exterior.
The bus operation will be similar to the plan followed last year. Buses, which meet the State Highway Patrol inspection, will be used and drivers will be certified according to regulations of the Montana Office of Public Instruction.